SATAY CHICKEN RECIPE
Updated: Nov 11, 2021
- SERVES 3 / 4 -
500g x Chicken Thighs 1/2 x Brown Onion 1 x Garlic Clove 1 x Red Chilli - Chopped 1 x Teaspoon Ground Cumin 1 x Tablespoon Coconut Oil (can also use olive or oil of choice) 1/2 x Cup Natural Peanut Butter 3 x Tablespoons Soy Sauce 1 x Tablespoon Honey 1 x Can Coconut Cream 1 x Tablespoon Parsley & Coriander - Chopped (Dried or fresh - you can also use only one of these if you prefer) 1/2 x Red Capsicum 1 x Handful of Green Beans 1 x Cup Rice - Brown, Basmati, Black etc Salt / Pepper to taste
1. Finely dice onion, chilli & garlic. Add to saucepan with oil and sauté until soft.
2. Dice chicken thigh into small pieces and add to pan. Add cumin & 1/2 of the chopped parsley and coriander to the pan also and stir until chicken is brown.
3. Add soy sauce, peanut butter and honey and stir through until peanut butter is melted as a sauce.
4. Add 3/4 of can of coconut cream, green beans and capsicum (chopped into small pieces.) Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and simmer for 15-20 mins or until sauce begins to thicken.
5. While the sauce is thickening add water to saucepan, rice, teaspoon of salt and bring to boil.
6. Once chicken and sauce mixture is thickened you can add remaining coconut cream and stir.
7. Drain rice and serve. Sprinkle remaining herbs, additional chopped chilli (optional) and chopped peanuts (optional) Enjoy :)